Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
May 4th, 2020
At WVI, your safety and well-being are our number one priority. Therefore, we remain committed to implementing the most thorough screening and sterilization protocols in order to keep you healthy and protected. Our office is taking the following measures on a daily basis:
STAFF AND CLIENT SCREENING GUIDELINES:
- The WVI Team is screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Any team member presenting with COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted to work.
- All clients will be screened prior to entering WVI for COVID-19 symptoms, and a temperature check with a non-contact thermometer will be done upon arrival to WVI.
- Should any client have a fever, upper respiratory symptoms, malaise, a recent change in taste and/or smell, known contact with a COVID-19 individual, or have traveled internationally within the last two weeks will be asked to reschedule.
SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES:
- The number of clients and staff in the clinic will be monitored at all times to ensure social distancing is effectively being practiced. A minimum distance of six feet between individuals is to be maintained at all times when possible.
- All family members will be asked to remain in the car during the duration of the visit unless the client is a minor or a guardian is medically necessary.
- The clinic schedule has been modified to allow for best social distancing practices.
SANITATION AND PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT GUIDELINES:
- All staff have undergone extensive training in sterilization and protective protocols.
- All staff will wear masks when interacting with a client. All clients will be asked to wear a mask to the appointment. If a mask cannot be obtained, WVI will provide a mask.
- All staff will wear gloves when contact may be anticipated with a client.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available for clients to use throughout the duration of the visit.
- All exam rooms, diagnostic equipment, and medical supplies will be thoroughly sanitized prior to use.
- Routine cleaning of workstations, countertops, door handles, and any common areas will be done multiple times throughout the day.
- Barrier shields will be positioned at the front desk, counselor’s office, and on all microscopes in order to reduce risk.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this pandemic. The WVI team is constantly adapting our protocols to align with all CDC and government regulations and recommendations. We truly appreciate the opportunity to take care of you, and our thoughts remain with you, your family, and our community. Stay well!
- The Waring Vision Institute Team
George Waring IV MD FACS
735 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Ste 101
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
Schedule a Consultation